Saturday 6 November 2010

Praying through change

Currently, at my church, our pastor is preaching about key principles from the Richard Foster book 'Celebration of Discipline'. I have this book but have not yet read it. Unfortunately this is the case with many of the books on my bookcase.
So to follow the guidance of Foster and my pastor I am going to devote myself to a more persistent prayer life, with the additional guidance of Stormie Omartian from 'The Power of a Praying Wife'. Stormie has also written a useful book of prayers for the 'Praying Wife' (kindly lent by my good friend Jenny) and it is the scripture used that I will follow for my daily reflections.


Friday 5th November 2010

Day 10 - Lord, bless my husband's sexuality. Purify us from all of the things that you have not planned for our good. 


Thursday 4th November 2010
Day 9 - Abba Father, I pray for your wisdom to rest on my husband and I regarding our finances. Help us to be realistic, honest and as generous as we can be. And as J.John would say, help us to remember that 'God owns all the doughnuts!' 


Wednesday 3rd November 2010
Day 8 - Father God, help us to be good stewards of our finances and all the things you provide for us.

Tuesday 2nd November 2010
Day 7 - Lord, please bless my husband in his work, and help me to support him with it. 

Psalm 90:17 (New International Version © 2010)


  May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us;
   establish the work of our hands for us—
   yes, establish the work of our hands.


Monday 1st November 2010
Day 6 - Father God, bless and guide my husband in all his studies and duties. Give him wisdom where he needs to make decisions, knowledge and understanding for his coursework and guidance for how to lead.

Proverbs 22:29 (The Message)

Observe people who are good at their work— 
 skilled workers are always in demand and admired;
 they don't take a backseat to anyone.
Sunday 31st October 2010
Day 5 - Father Lord, I ask for your love and blessing on the commitment my husband and I have. Renew us so that we can fully appreciate each other with respect, passion and compassion. 

Matthew 7:7-8 (New International Version)

Ask, Seek, Knock
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Saturday 30th October 2010
Day 4 - Father God, please help to make my husband and I a team, working with and for each other, for the better of our relationship and family.

Galatians 6:9 (New International Version)

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Friday 29th October 2010

Day 3 - Lord work in me and my husband, create in us the changes that we need to be the people you have made us to be. 

Ephesians 4:32 (New International Version)
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Thursday 28th October 2010
Day 2 - Lord help me to be the best I can be for my husband and family

Proverbs 24:3-4 (New Living Translation)

 A house is built by wisdom and becomes strong through good sense. Through knowledge its rooms are filled with all sorts of precious riches and valuables.


Wednesday 27th October 2010
Day 1 - Lord make me the wife of Proverbs 31!
I am thankful for how God has helped me through this last year. I look to Him with thanks and asking. I ask to be the wife that he has called me to be, and pray for those with whom I have difficulties. 

Mark 11:24-25 (New International Version)

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."



No comments: